- General corporate and capital market cross-border transactions
- Joint ventures; shareholder agreements
- Property sale and purchase agreements
- Corporate restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Re-organizations and Disposals
- Ship Registration
Corporate and Commercial
We advise international banks, financial institutions, law firms and corporations on:
Banking and Corporate Finance
We act for financial institutions, corporations, borrowers issuers on general banking matters including:
- Offshore Finance
- Syndicateed and Bilateral Lending
- Structured Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Property and Acquisition Finance
For decades the British Virgin Islands has been the jurisdiction of choice for incorporation of corporate entities. Please contact us for assistance with the following:
- Incorporate of a BVI Business Company
- Director Services
- Nominee Shareholders
- Liquidation of solvent companies
- Transfer of registered agent
- Redomiciliation of companies from the British Virgin Islands
As with all the services we offer, we aim to give our clients quality legal advice that is timely and effective. Our private client services include the following:
- Wills and Probate
- Family matters, including adoption and divorce
- Succession Planning
- Trade license and work permits
- Debt recovery
Regulatory and Compliance
We offer advice on the regulatory requirements for BVI entities that are subject to the BVI regulatory Code as well as the Security and Investment Business Act. Please contact us for assistance with the formation and registration in this regard and the review and
Litigation and Insolvency
Our litigation team has had a wealth of experience in commercial litigation and contentious insolvency. Special expertise includes:
- Cross-border and Offshore disputes:
- Commencing and defending substantive proceedings in the BVI
- Jurisdictional callenges – forum non convenience
- Orders in aid of foreign proceedings and arbitrations, including freezing orders
- International enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards
- Third party disclosure orders (Norwich Pharmacal and Banker’s Trust)
- Investor disputes:
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Joint Venture disputes
- Minority rights and remedies
- Civil fraud and regulatory:
- Disclosure orders
- Asset protection and recovery; Interim injunctions and receivership
- Mutual assistance
- Contentious and cross-border insolvency:
- Compulsory appointment of liquidators
- Recognition of foreign insolvencies and Letter of Request
- Trust disputes
Grant & Co.
Most of Grant & Co.’s local and international clients are from the corporate world. The law firm, which promises rapid and effective response to its clients, has certainly made its mark in BVI corporate law.
Grant & Co.’s laywers are known for their expertise in the following areas:
Banking and Finance – This involves any and all activities related to banks and their suite of financial services, which include currency exchange, deposits, loans, safety deposit boxes, wealth management and so on.
Debt Restructuring – This is the process that enables a company facing financial challenges to renegotiate delinquent debts so that its cash flow situation improves and it can go on with its operations.
Mergers and Acquisitions – This refers to the consolidation companies and their respective assets.
Property Sale and Acquisition – This pertains to the selling and purchase of real estate and other properties.
Incorporation – This is the legal process of setting up a company.
Joint Ventures – This involves two or more companies pooling together their resources for one common goal.
Civil Litigation – This refers to a legal dispute wherein parties seek financial compensation.
Commercial Loans and Credit Finance – These involve money being lent to a business by a financial institution such as a bank.
Corporate Reorganization – This is when a company has to restructure in order to boost growth or implement much-needed reforms.
Cross-Border Transactional Matters – This refers to agreements or transactions that involve parties from two different countries. It could also be that the client is engaging in transactions or ventures outside his or her country of origin.
Offshore Corporations – This is the establishment of companies outside the client’s country of origin. The main requirement is for the location to be a low-tax jurisdiction.